Our Commitment to Privacy
- What information does Perry Ellis collect?
- Information From Third-Party Social Media Platforms
- How does Perry Ellis use your information?
- Does Perry Ellis use "cookies" or other tracking technologies?
- How can you access your information?
- How does Perry Ellis protect your information?
- Does Perry Ellis disclose your information to others?
- How does Perry Ellis protect a child's privacy?
- Does Peonyandme.com have links to other web sites?
- Copyright and Trademark Notice
What information does Perry Ellis collect?Perry Ellis collects data that you provide on the Site, either through transactions, email registration, text message sign up, sweepstakes, contests, or membership; through online live chat, phone, mail and fax interactions or registrations that you submit; or that you provide when you visit our stores or otherwise interact with Perry Ellis. This includes information such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, any personal preferences you choose to provide, transaction details such as style, size, price, discount, date, store, your credit card number and expiration date used for transactions, and an encrypted password to ensure maximum protection of your privacy (“Personal Information”).
Perry Ellis occasionally obtains email addresses of active Perry Ellis customers who requested fashion emails on other websites. Perry Ellis also reserves the right to obtain publicly accessible customer demographics.
Information From Third-Party Social Media PlatformsYou may be able to register with, log on to, or enhance your profile on our Website by choosing to automatically populate the requested data fields with information you previously provided to a third-party social media platform. By doing this, you are asking the third-party platform to send us information from your profile on that platform. We treat that information as we do any other information you give to us when you register, log on, or enhance your profile.
How does Perry Ellis use your personal information?Perry Ellis uses your Personal Information for a number of purposes, including (i) to enhance and personalize your shopping experience and use of the Site, (ii) to confirm and process sales transactions and/or contact you with questions or communications about your order, (iii) to respond to your questions, requests or comments, (iv) to notify you about contests and promotional events, allow you to participate in such contests and events, and notify you in the event that you are a winner of any such contest or event, (v) to contact you with reminders, updates and news, (vi) for marketing, advertising or promotional use, (vii) to conduct polls, surveys and consumer testing, (viii) to protect the security of our visitors, systems and/or Site, and/or (ix) to improve our Site and services. You may indicate your contact preferences regarding promotional communications directly to us online.
We use the payment card information you provide to us for billing purposes and to fulfill your order.
The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how you may prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies or how to disable cookies altogether. However, Perry Ellis is not responsible for and does not guarantee the effectiveness of browser tools.
We also use these technologies to control the number of times you see a given ad, to deliver ads and other product offers and suggestions to you that relate to your interests, product selections or purchases, and measure the effectiveness of various offers and ad campaigns. In all cases, this information helps us serve you better by improving our Site design, as well as our products, services, contests, and promotions. If you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of these services.
Do Not TrackDo Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, Perry Ellis and the Site do not recognize DNT.
How can you access your information?You may access and edit the Personal Information that you provide online when you authenticate your right to access by signing in on the Site. Simply click on My Account from the home page and enter your email address and password to access your information. You can request password help at any time by clicking on the forgot password? link at which time we will email an encrypted password to the associated email address. Currently, we do not provide online access to information that you provide to Perry Ellis offline.
Does Perry Ellis disclose your information to others?Perry Ellis does not sell, rent or trade any Personal Information you provide to us with third parties for their marketing purposes. We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- We may use third party service providers to provide specific business support services to us which may involve limited access to your Personal Information, for example, assisting us in fulfilling your transactions and customer service inquiries, executing surveys, conducting and administering promotions, updating your customer information record in our database, deploying our promotional offers to you, or fulfilling your request to unsubscribe from our email. We do not authorize those third parties to make any other use of your information.
- If you make a purchase on our Site, we may share your Personal Information and payment card data with others, for example with a payment card processing company and/or a shipping or fulfillment company, to complete your purchase and process your order.
- We may disclose your Personal Information with other parties when you consent to the disclosure or when it is required or permitted by law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
We honor every request to unsubscribe from receipt of any promotional emails within ten (10) days of receiving the request. As such, in compliance with applicable legal obligations, Perry Ellis may provide to its advertising partners the email address of anyone who has submitted an unsubscribe request, provided such company agrees not to disclose or use such email address for any other purpose than honoring your request to not receive Perry Ellis promotional emails.
Perry Ellis reserves the right to use and/or disclose to others non-Personal Information about your demographics and use of our Site in a manner that does not reveal your identity.
What are my California privacy rights?